[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 482: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 482: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
www.breakzforum.be - View topic - laundry day 2010
___.                         __            
\_ |_________   ____ _____  |  | __________
 | __ \_  __ \_/ __ \\__  \ |  |/ /\___   /
  | \_\ \  | \/\  ___/ / __ \|    <  /    / 
   |___  /__|    \___  >____  /__|_ \/_____ \
        \/            \/     \/     \/      \/

It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:14 am

laundry day 2010 
Senior

Post laundry day 2010
/rantmode

first of all this is by no means a diss towards anyone involved, but there were a couple of things that bothered me a LOT during laundry day and i don't really feel like pm'ing everyone:

let's start at the beginning:
when the line-up was being put together, next to all dj's MC Quest One and MC Mush were asked to host the whole day if i'm correct (+ Jenna G as special guest for Netsky)

a couple of days later i got an email from MC Ebony asking me if he could host my set. I told him it's not really my decision but that it was ok for me if he asked Murdock (who put the line-up together) AND Quest One and Mush.
got an email from Murdock the same day asking me if this was all true blablabla and so we arranged MC Ebony on the line-up as well to host my set.

again a couple of days later i see that Meddik would bring his own MC as well, then Battery and then later Syntopia as well .. hek van de dam dus
now, i have to admit i felt a bit bad about this towards Mush and Quest One as THEY were the ones booked to host everything and now a bunch of other MC's tried to get a spot in the line-up ..

anyway, this got to a little bit of an annoying situation on stage tbh .. Ebony nagging against me about Quest One taking the mic in Ebony's time, Quest One being a bit pissed because the sound engineer told him to shut it, Mush not really happy about all this either i think (for good reasons imo), lot's of complaints from people that there were just too many mc's as wel, etc etc ..

moral of the story for me:
if there is already a line-up put together and you're not on it, so be it .. better luck next year i'd say, especially on an event this big you just don't come near the mic unless someone asks you tbh. It's also a lack of respect towards the other mc's tbh ..

this is not a comment only to the mc's involved in this, but to quite a lot of other mc's i've seen on parties: if you're not booked, just leave the mic and make sure they book you next time

i might sound a little harsh, but this is just not the first time and i think all the bitching is a little childish ..

edit: excuse my lack of smileys :teeth:

Last edited by Bonafide on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 am
Bambu

Post Re: laundry day 2010
It's a bit ironic as I thought a mc would be nice to host the Dubstep Dome.

goldorak_solpher at hotmail dot com

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:44 am
NT Kru

Imagine the other way around, 15 Dj's showing up equiped while they're not on the line-up :teeth:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:15 am
* Cryogenic *

What Kay said ... Bit sad about this tho ...

"The music was new black polished chrome and came over the summer like liquid night"

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 am
prison breaks

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:28 am
Profile WWW
nightscapes

I think it's up to Murdock to decide what mc's will be there. I don't know what went wrong but if you are promoting (or programming a line for) an event like this it should be clear. anyway this is the line up from the laundry day site and seems like quiet a few mc's are officialy booked. I also undestand if Battery plays a live set he wants to bring his own mc and I know mc elvee and meddik agreed about this booking a long time ago

12:00-12:40
Contraddict (winnaar Kunstbende 2010)
12:40-13:30
Sub-Skit
13:30-14:30
Atmospherix
14:30-15:30
Meddik ft. MC Elvee
15:30-16:30
Subject & Covelt
16:30-17:30
Syntopia ft. MC Error
17:30-18:30
Teezer
18:30-19:30
Bonafide & Alert
19:30-20:30
+BATTERY-.INC
20:30-21:45
Netsky ft Jenna G
21:45-23:00
Danny Byrd
23:00-00:00
Murdock
Hosted by MC Quest One & MC Mush

03/09 groove of the summer (averbode)
10/09 chirobeats (zolder)
10/09 northern light (mol)
16/09 maaseik in de fik (maaseik)
16/09 18-jarigen (kortenaken)
17/09 luna festa (diest) with aphrodite, distorted minds, bloke4d, chasing shadows, benny page
22/09 rumba (leuven)
24/09 poestemiekes (linkhout)
27/09 rumba (leuven)
30/09 playfestival (hasselt) with ed rush, hazard, 16bit, the others, pariah

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Senior

hmm don't know, first line-up i've seen was dj's + mush & quest i think ..

soit, kwil der niemeer teveel tamtam over maken, kvind gwn wa kinderachtig da ze blijkbaar nie overeen kunnen komen en dan maar bij mij beginnen zagen ofwel de rest van den dag me een lang gezicht rondlopen .. langs den andere kant snap ik het wel want het waren er gewoon teveel ook

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm
Droppin' Pressure

Sorry for the dutch:

Ik denk dat de organisatie op voorhand had moete duidelijk make wat de bedoeling was van het hosten door Mush en Quest, ne hele dag of nie? Anders hadde wij waarschijnlijk Ebony nie late mc-en, hadde we da gewete (kvind em wel goed btw e, maar mush ook sowieso dus da was voor mij ook goe geweest). Wij (ik toch zeker :D ) ginge er vanuit da mush en quest one enkel murdock ginge hosten, plus danny byrd ofzo.

MIXCLOUD:
SOUNDCLOUD:

20/06 BTHD @ Factor, Brugge
21/06 Braderij @ Graaf, Tienen
23/06 Dive Into Summer III @ Thomas' Crib, Tienen
24/06 ??? @ Bunker, Glabbeek
26/06 Summertime XL @ Nieuwstraat, Hoeleden
28/06 Huda Festival @ ???, St. Truiden
16/08 Pukkelpop @ Festivalweide, Kiewit

bookings: alertconform @ gmail.com

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm
MentalLAB

Last edited by Mush on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 pm
MentalLAB

ow and, I really had a good time :D

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm
* Cryogenic *

compeltly support mush on this one ... seen some of these things happening on larger stages a few tomes already ... and its always the same ppl ... reall shame :(

"The music was new black polished chrome and came over the summer like liquid night"

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 pm
NT Kru

eloquently spoken by Mush!

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:07 am
Wipeout

Fully support Mush here.

a similar thing can be said about dj's that all of a sudden have to change timeslots. What's up with that?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:18 am
Senior

vice, if you're talking about my set:

1) nothing to do with that, i have never asked to change slots with anyone.
at first i was booked to play a solo set. that's why i normally had to do syntopia's slot i think. 2 weeks or so later i ran into murdock somewhere and asked him if it was ok if i would bring alert with me because i thought it was a good opportunity to play a back to back set over there (yes i like some promo for our b2b thingie). apparently they changed the timetable after alert was added, without me knowing.

2) i don't really think it's comparable either .. everyone got to play his set

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 am

Totally agree with mister Mush on this one... I have to admit it already looked kinda strange on the time schedule.. Only 2 mc's to host 12 Hours of dnb is just a bit to much imo. By adding more MC's to the line up, linked to a specific dj set, they where just asking for trouble...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 pm