___.                         __            
\_ |_________   ____ _____  |  | __________
 | __ \_  __ \_/ __ \\__  \ |  |/ /\___   /
  | \_\ \  | \/\  ___/ / __ \|    <  /    / 
   |___  /__|    \___  >____  /__|_ \/_____ \
        \/            \/     \/     \/      \/

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:01 am

Starting as a dj 

very good to spin technische sets, and a stabiel pitch (normally if they haven't messed around with it, changing the pitch value, very dangerous for the Technics)

if i would just started dj'ing i would first buy me a descent soundsystem, cause nothing is as good as some hard smooth hard basses coming out of your amplifier!!!
and good sound is always a must, even if you stop dj'ing after a few months cause its not your "thing" (no way), you won't regret the soundsystem...

:wank:

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

What is the difference than, between technics and those synqs?

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:56 am
Ruffskool

What is the difference than, between technics and those synqs?

Buy technics, they're solid, no tralala, world standard...
I played on several other decks but nothing beats technics if you ask me.
I think you can ask any (pro) DJ what turntable he prefers, 95% will say technics I guess.
If you play out in clubs or on rental equipment, 98% of the time it's technics.
I got mine for more than 12 years, bought it from a guy who did wedding parties but he got a house and wife and stopped playing.
They never broke down, never had them repaired and I can tell you they spinned for many hours :)
Back in the days it was hard to get them 2nd hand but these days I think its pretty easy. There's a lot of DJ's starting but also giving up after few months or years so...
Save some more money and buy good 2nd technics, really.

When you start DJ'ing I don't think it's worth to spend all your money too on a mixer. I love ECLER, equilizing is top and they have good "starter" mixers.. So I think that nuo2 is a good choice (dunno about the Xfader)! I got the HAK 360 (Xfader is magnetic so contactless, you can even blow it to the other side) but don't spend your money on this one.
Most of the time it's RODEC or Pioneer at parties (RODEC because it's solid, Pioneer because it's good and has extras fx etc...).

Just get a decent amplifier and speakers but again, you don't need top notch equipment and big soundsystems at home!

Most important thing: get 2 technics turntables and start beatmatching like mad. If you got everything under control, then you can start spending money on decent pro equipment if you want (mixer, speakers, amplifier...)

Just my opinion though :)

Ruffskoolbizwax youtube
Ruffskool Facebook
Havoc Soundcloud
Havoc - Eaten Back To Life mix
Havoc - photography

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:49 am
Senior

Synqs are not bad turntables at all. But the biggest problem with us having those synqs in the beginning was that we weren't used to spin on technics. This really gives problems when you have to play your first shows.

I should also go for 2nd hand technics if I was you.

True about adjusting at first on parties... But after few records you get used to it imo...

www.myspace.com/tropmanga || www.jungletrain.net || www.unbalancedpressure.tk

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Senior

bought my first synqs 3 years ago, still have them. great pick ups if you ask me. imo it's not worth the difference in price between technics and synq.

like tropmanga said, a couple records and you're used to a technics...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 08/12 BTS @ bsg campus VUB
* 16/12 ID&N Bday bash @ Sioux Ghent
* 21/12 Steam - Decadance Ghent
* 28/01 TBA - CC Ter Dilft, Bornem
* 22/02 Steam xl - Decadance Ghent
* 24/02 Insiderz - Nijdrop, Opwijk
* 25/02 Basscannon - Joc Wijland, Puurs
* 10/03 Bombastic - Joc Wijland, Puurs
* 30/03 Republic - 't bau huis, Sint Niklaas
* ??/?? Square - Frontline Ghent

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:51 am
Bomb Scare Sound

D&V wrote:
Synqs are not bad turntables at all. But the biggest problem with us having those synqs in the beginning was that we weren't used to spin on technics. This really gives problems when you have to play your first shows.

I should also go for 2nd hand technics if I was you.

True about adjusting at first on parties... But after few records you get used to it imo...

indeed, when i started mixing, i had the chance to buy the stanton St - 150 for a cheap price! bought them and i never regret it!

those are also very good decks ( in my opinion maybe better than a technics ) very high torque and a lot of options.

The only thing why a technics is better, is because its the standard at parties, but indeed, after a few records ...... i love technics but i never understood why everybody says that you def have to buy a technics ...

and if you can play on a synq, numark, stanton, ....... you can def. play on a technics cause they are " better "

Back to topic: about the mixer, i have an urei at home, very cool mixer, based on the old sound technics of urei remade buy soundcraft check it out,

if you want a basic 2 channel mixer: A&H has a new 2 channel Xone, not that expensive and very good sound, faders, eq, .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 28/01 Heads up - CC Ter Dilft, Bornem
* 02/02 Square - Frontline - Ghent
* 11/02 Beatjunkies - Alter ego - Szczecin Polen
* 23/03 Mindfuck - .....
* 31/03 Sixpacks Benefit - Brugge
* 14/04 Square - ??????? - Ghent

Last edited by Cedex on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:02 am
NT Kru

A&E

Allan & Eath? :teeth:

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:14 am
Senior

When you start DJ'ing I don't think it's worth to spend all your money too on a mixer. I love ECLER, equilizing is top and they have good "starter" mixers.. So I think that nuo2 is a good choice (dunno about the Xfader)!

Just get a decent amplifier and speakers but again, you don't need top notch equipment and big soundsystems at home!

hmm don't really know about the nuo2...when i bought my first equipment around this time last year i bought the nuo2 as well in musicstore for 400 euro's. about 6 months later i really wanted a 3d channel on my mixer for a cdj-400 and sold the nuo2 to buy a nuo4 from musicstore as well. i bought it brand new for 500 euro's, so i think it's not that much of a difference and i really should've done that from the beginning...then again i sold the cdj last week because i really didn't use it as much as i wanted to so it was kind of a waste of money :lol: now i'm thinking about buying a 3d turntable...
seriously, i really believe the nuo4 was a good investment and not even that expensive when you look at price/quality/nuo2

about the soundsystem: i really like it loud and bassey, but that shouldn't be very expensive indeed. just ask some friends or family if they have some speakers left they don't use anymore. if you're lucky enough you can get some very nice equipment :wink:

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:17 am
Bomb Scare Sound

Cedex wrote:
A&E

Allan & Eath? :teeth:
miss typed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 23/03 Mindfuck - .....

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:26 am
Bomb Scare Sound

about the soundsystem: i really like it loud and bassey, but that shouldn't be very expensive indeed. just ask some friends or family if they have some speakers left they don't use anymore. if you're lucky enough you can get some very nice equipment :wink:

GO ACTIVE :D

* 23/03 Mindfuck - .....

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:28 am

I have bought 2 synqs and the ecler nuo 2 for 575€, I already had boxes from my stereo and they're actually quite good. Maybe I should have bought technics, but my parents didn't want to give me that extra so... Anyway, I'm happy with what I have and now I can start spinning!

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:03 pm
Senior

you need some records too :)

no no the trick is to learn to beatmatch with your dad's old bob dylan records

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

Do you need a lot of records? Because right now I have 4 records, is it enough to start?

Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:43 pm
Kronik Flakez

For beginners I can't see why you shouldn't go for the synqs.
The technics is all about the 'feeling' ofc.
Pretty important in DJing coz the torque a TT delivers & how it gets put on the platter(and ofc it's weight) matters a lot for the specific feel of the machine.

That being said I'm sure u can practice on the cheaper models if you're not prepared to blow a month's wage on it. I doubt it will influence your learning curve a lot.
I learned on 2x JB systems disco 2000 belt TT's... 30euro for the pair!
Bought all decent gear over a long period of time once I already had a sizeable record collection.

I played on synq once & I recall them to have a different feeling from the technics but more then adequate torque & a heavy enough platter.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 pm
Profile ICQ WWW